Basset Hounds Forum banner

Ever wonder why...

5K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  monty's mom 
#1 ·
your hound always has to lay in bed with his rear facing the headboard?

he has free access to the yard, but when you take him for a walk he has to poop?

he can be in another room, but as soon as you start to make the bed he's stretched out in the middle of it?

These are just a few random thoughts. Feel free to add on!

#3 ·
Why, when there are hundreds of pinecones all over the backyard, do they have to playfight and make a deafening racket over the same, single pinecone?

#6 ·
Ever wonder why....

with a full selection of dirty clothes to choose from...they select the most "delicate" underwear and drag them around the house for the visitors display.

after just eating a big bowl of food, they will go to the grandparents house and storm into the cat food dish like they haven't ate in a month.

they love bitter apple spray?

during a bathroom walk they refuse to poop in just one place...no they have to cover the whole yard with mini-poops! :angry:

#7 ·
can be in another room but if you so much as TOUCH any thing cellophane....here she comes!

#9 ·
Why is it whenever I get out of bed to go to the bathroom or to get a drink of water Francis crawls over to my part of the bed and goes to sleep in my space?
Or why is that whenever we go to the big soccer pitch and I unleash him so he can work off some energy, he pulls a "flat basset" right at my feet. So I leash him back up to get back to the car and he starts whining. So now, when I unleash him he goes berserk and runs like a nut.

#10 ·
... he will absolutely REFUSE to eat dry dog food unless Gigi is eating it, and then it becomes a Gourmet Meal?

... he will sniff and sniff and SNIFF at the same spot and then forget what he's doing and just gaze off into space, one leg hiked?

... he has the energy of six bassets going away from home on a walk, but the moment you turn toward home, he suddenly becomes too tired to take another step?

... his favorite spot to take a nap is with his back against the door so you can't open it, and he only does this during your lunch break when you're on a tight schedule?

#11 ·
You can't train them to stop licking your face at 5:30 in the morning? I bought an alarm clock, for heaven's sake, and it's set at 6:30. I don't *need* this.

They could care less about the toys you spent good money on, but they *love* shredding the boxes they came in?

#12 ·
You can't train them to stop licking your face at 5:30 in the morning? I bought an alarm clock, for heaven's sake, and it's set at 6:30. I don't *need* this.

They could care less about the toys you spent good money on, but they *love* shredding the boxes they came in?
[/b]
Wow, yours does the face licking at 5:30 am too? My new puppy starts at 5, which is fine since I wake up at 6 (I can deal with it for an hour before my alarm), but I might not like to deal with it on a weekend sleep-in-day.

#14 ·
How about when you are ready to go to work (or wherever) and your supposedly comatose dog suddenly NEEDS to go out, no matter how many times he went out before his nap. Then, once outside, he wanders aimlessly about, NOT peeing, and totally ignores your commands to come in, forcing you to go to him and drag him back to the house. <_<

Or, how he scratches at the door to go out, and when you leave your spot on the couch to open the door for him, he quickly runs to the couch and jumps up onto YOUR spot. :blink:

Or, when you are preparing dinner for your family, how he moans, whines, and grunts, and then finally lays on the floor with his head IN his empty bowl, moaning and sighing pitifully till you feed him. I heard somewhere that you shouldn't feed you dog before you eat because it shows him he comes first... well, we KNOW who comes first in our house - Moe does - and he knows it too! :rolleyes:

#17 ·
My murdoc is only 3 1/2 months old and I just can't believe how many of these apply. These are just too funny and too true..

I had to read this list off to my wife and she was happy that it wasn't just us. lol

#21 ·
Or, when you are preparing dinner for your family, how he moans, whines, and grunts, and then finally lays on the floor with his head IN his empty bowl, moaning and sighing pitifully till you feed him. I heard somewhere that you shouldn't feed you dog before you eat because it shows him he comes first... well, we KNOW who comes first in our house - Moe does - and he knows it too! :rolleyes:
[/b]
Bogie does this, too. The minute I start working in the kitchen he heads to my husband, the soft touch, sits in front o him, stares, moans, trots to the kitchen and repeats until he gets hubby out of the chair headed to the dog food bag. Yep!! He eats first, and I guess we know who comes first in our home, our very spoiled Basset.

#22 ·
Barney used to wait until I left the bedroom before he would move over and steal my spot. Now, he barely waits until I get out of the bed. One morning, I sat up, and paused sitting ont he side of the bed to stretch, yawn, and find a missing slipper. Barney immediately got up and got into my spot, with his head on my pillow - before I even stood up!

#24 ·
The time that Ruby was sleeping on our bed as a puppy, I woke up with her butt on my pillow and she had gas! :blink:

Believe it or not, she doesn't like to be on the bed. If we put her up there, she is anxious and wants to be on the floor.

But every time my husband is outside with Ruby when she has to do #2, she faces him. When I'm out there with her for her #2, her butt is facing me.

The heiarchy in Ruby's mind in this household is her daddy is alpha, then Ruby and then her servant/mommy/ME! :lol: :p :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.