Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Bogie had a great time , and so did we. We just got back from a seven day camping trip to Pactola Lake in the National Forest of the Black Hills of South Dakota. Rocks were everywhere so our "little rock eater" had to stay muzzled when ever he was outside. He has really adapted to the muzzle, and can sniff, pant, and drink with it on. I had to sew netting around the bottom on the outside of the muzzle because Mr. Bogart learned he could stick his tounge through the holes and lick up things with his tongue. It works great, and sure beats more surgeries for lodged rocks.

Mom made me pose in front of out campsite overlooking Pactola Lake. The lake is really down due to drought conditions.

Hiking on the trails through the pines was lots of fun. I can even sniff all with great new smells with my muzzle on.

Look! Look! I think I see a bird I can catch.

I got to run and run on the dried up lake bed after killdeer birds that had nests by the lake. They flew faster
than I could run. I never did catch one. But Boy! Did I have fun!!

I had a nice cool drink after all that running.

Wow! After all those adventures am I ever hungry!! Hurry up, Mom! Fix my dinner!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
What wonderful pictures. Doesn't look like the muzzle slows him down a bit!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks like you've all had a great time. That fifth picture is really funny.

I just wonder have you gotten any reactions from people you meet?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaira: People at the campgrounds stare, and some come over and ask "Is he mean?" or "Why is wearing a muzzle?" So we tell them that he's not a mean dog, and that Bogie has had two surgeries from eating rocks that lodged in his intestines, so when we are in rocky area we keep him muzzled. They smile, pet him, and by now he's rolled over on his back to get belly rubs. The next time we walk by the kids shout, "Hey, that's the dog that eats rocks!" and they run up and want to pet him. Bogie's claim to fame I guess.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks like the Carter family had a wonderful trip. Bogie seems to have adjusted to his face mask! It's cute how the kids want to pet him. Great pictures!

·
Registered
714 Posts
It didn't occur to me that people would think he's a vicious dog! Seems pretty logical now, duh. <_<

Pics 4 & 5 are great, a running basset makes a pretty funny picture, and the water pouring out of his muzzle cracked me up! :p

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bogie's holding an nice stack in that third picture, and it looks like he had a blast!

Edith Ann's muzzle goes where ever we go. Just too big a chance to take, and one rock surgery was enough for me! No one's ever asked me if she's mean, but I suspect it goes through people's minds.......

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bogie in that muzzle is the cutest thing!

I wonder if the rock eating is something that he will ever outgrow?

I think it's funny the way he's made you modify it to keep up with his learning to find any loopholes with it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts