Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing alot about ester c and some of the benifits our dogs have had taking it. Does anyone here use it and if so what is the dosage/frequency etc.? Do you use the doggy kind of just the over the counter store kind?

CTG

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Dogs synthesize their own vitamin C. There's no good evidence that young dogs benefit from vitamin C supplementation, and there's some suggestion that it can be detrimental if administered to puppies in excess. Here's an abstract from a study that found no difference in the pharmacokinetics (absorption and blood levels) of Ester-C vs. another type of preparation.

A

·
0 Posts
Well *I* take Ester C because it's non-acidic....but I've never heard of giving it to a dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i( me the human) have osteo arthristis, ive started to take glucosamine for the joints, does anyone know of anyhing i could supliment sprockets food to keep the joints in good working order.

(glucosamine is definitely working for me!!!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have glucosamine supplements for dogs as well as treats that contain it. Look at your local pet store or online supplier.

CTG

A

·
0 Posts
dogs can take the human version of glucosamine/condritin. I get it at costco. Vet said to give it to Ruby and she does very well on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts