Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and gotten a new one lately!!!!
I have been thinking about the way your new dog really becomes your dog, Today I gave in a roll of film of Simon, and when I got the pictures back, I hadn't taken any in about 3 months I realized how much he was really my dog now, and the whole grieving process of Toby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Emily:

Your timing is incredible. Last night, I was getting into bed and looked over at the doorway to our bedroom. That's where Maggie Mae slept during the night. I was overcome by tears. I sobbed really hard telling my Husband that I miss her terribly. Then as I was crying I realized that now I have 2 incredible babies that I have come to love already. There are so different from MM. I like that they aren't like her. She was her own girl. So spunky and full of spirit. They will NEVER replace her but have helped me fill that incredible void. I need them as much as they need me. I think MM would be proud of us for opening our hearts and home to these 2 little guys we have now. They are my kids forever!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I miss Duke so much. Like you Patty, it hit's when I'm not expecting it. But since he's been gone, I have been able to give Bo so much more attention, and he's lovin every minute of it! He truly has become 'my' dog.

As far as Duke being happy that there is another dog here, and not him...I doubt he'd be pleased about it. :roll: He did like Bo, but made sure he was the kingpin around here. So I deal with feeling of guilt, like I'm not being loyal to him. go figure.

Sandy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I'm so happy you're all getting slowly over it!

I lost Connie in 2001, just before getting Emma. But she was more than 10 years old, and it's easier to accept it when they have had a full life. Losing Soffi after fighting for her over a long time, being 30 times to the vets, and using a terrible fortune of money, wasn't easy for me to get over. The worst part was probable everthing I put her through in vain. She so totally trusted me, she understood it was to help her, and I let her down. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.