Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is past the 28 day mark, about half way through. Her belly is bigger,she has been sleeping about 20 hours a day,always hungry(but that is normal)so somewhere around May 9th to 13 th I expect we'll be having puppies. I'm so excited. April showers bring May puppies!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm jealous.

Seems like all my girls are in heat right now, but if I do any breeding they'll be due around the time of the Cdn specialty.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would bite. Esa has just turned 4 and even though she isn't finished I'm hoping to pick up showing her when we are done with the puppies. If she isn't hanging all over the place.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats! I'm hoping for a May 13 birth, I would be honored to share my birthday with a bunch of beautiful basset puppies!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I haven' had a litter since 1994 so I'm very excited.I want to keep a girl so I'm talking to Esa about having a load of girls.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Haven't been on for awhile so am late with this. Congratulations on the puppy's. I hope we get to see pics of them and there parents. Who are the mom and dad?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Ohhhh...is Esa about ready to pop??

My little sister is due May 12, maybe she and Esa can push together LOL

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think she is going to hold out till next week.I can feel the puppies being very active ,Esa huffs and puffs cause they are starting to take up more space,She can't eat as much as she usually does so I break her feeding times into several small feedings. I think the pups give her a little heart burn occasionally cause she burps alot. She is very pathetic looking,you know how their eyes are when they get out of surgery,red droopy,don't even know if their eye balls are in there.She has lost hers too. I have had a trillion thermometers around and do you think I can even find one.Nope. So I get my husband to pick one up (LED) and it isn't working.I physically know when her temp has dropped because she will start to shiver like being cold , the temp should be about 99.9 or there abouts(norm is 101 to 102.5 give or take a tad). The great lady who ownes the stud I used had a bitch bred slighty ahead of Esa and her bitch never went into labor(her temp never dropped)till the C-section was done there were two very weak puppies that survived a little while but then died. The sire of these puppies is CH. Stardust Pouchman Von Skauton.Esa's reg name is South Dixie's Witchy Woman.I do have a photo of her from today,but I want one of her laying on her back. OMG

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Poor Esa! She looks so uncomfortable! I'll bet she'll have some good looking pups though! She's gorgeous. Congratulations and please please please post pictures of the pups when they're born and when you have time. I'm sure you're going to be very busy right after they're born. Good luck to Esa!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts