Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has come up before, but Toby eats grass like he's a cow. He will just walk around for a few minutes and graze. It only started a few months ago, once the grass growing rapidly. His stools are fine, except there is sometimes grass in it, and he has trouble getting it all out...

He never throws up because of it, and shows no indication of an upset stomach (constantly running around). Do you think he just likes grass?

I should mention I usually feed him Taste of the Wild, but am currently feeding Instinct Duck and Turkey (with Bravo raw "topper"). I wanted to try a different food to see if that was it...but doesn't seem like it is.

I'm sure he's fine, just curious if I should be concerned and if anyone else has a cow for a dog.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm sure he's fine, just curious if I should be concerned and if anyone else has a cow for a dog.
I have two cows here. It was weird for me to see at first, because my Scully ( ATB ) only ate grass when she was sick and wanted to make herself throw up. Larsen and Ninja are both grass eaters, but they don't do it because they are sick. They just think the yard is their salad bar. Larsen has an iron stomach, so it doesn't tend to bother him. Ninja, on the other hand, has a more sensitive tummy, so I have to put a stop to her grazing.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Winston's started doing the same thing. No upset stomach or anything. I think he likes pulling it out of the ground and chewing on it. He doesn't seem to swallow it, just carries it around in his mouth. I just chalked it up to a quirky behavior of his. Since it's not harming him and he's not throwing up, I let it go. He could be doing worse things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sammie does the same thing to, she eats grass all the time. At first I thought it was because she had never seen it before so she wanted to see what it tasted like. But sadly now she eats it like a cow.. haha.. I ignore it because it doesn't seem to bother her, she just lays in the grass and eats the grass thats grown long in the fence..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts