Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where we live we are getting ready to get a major snow storm. It has already started. Mattie and her owners are not looking forward to this cause in the area we live in we could possible get 30 inches of snow. Poor Mattie won't be able to go out until her mommy and daddy shovel her some paths. Which we will be doing..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bassets are great tunellers and diggers. A few years back we had about 2 1/2" of snow and the hounds had a blast. They dug tunnels and paths all over the yard. Every so often we'd see their heads pop up for a bit of air.

Let them enjoy it and keep a warm spot ready for when they come in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NMB, I am not for sure how Mattie is going to handle the snow. Hopefully she handles it like your basset did.
The heaviest snow is coming in the over night hours, so we will wake up to a snow filled yard.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The snow storm you speak of is upon Cincinnati right now. However, we are only expected to get 6-8" from it. That's even too much in my opinion, though Spencer loves the snow. I feel for you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I live in snow-filled western New York, where the snow you are getting tends to happen on a regular basis! I've never had to shovel out a path for my Bogie-he makes the path for me. I think the only thing he likes better than snow is sleeping on a sunny porch. He gets so excited when he sees the snow, runs around like crazy, sticks his head right down into the snow to smell anything he can. So Mattie might love it!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
We recently had a bunch of snow...Gibbs LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! Lily HATED HATED HATED it! LOL, I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow of our recent snow.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Beautiful snow pictures, and I can say "I've been there and done that!". We retired to Memphis, TN and the warmer south and family after 15 years in Mitchell, SD in August of 2008. I don't miss all that shoveling, and the bitter cold temps. Your pictures brought back memories of shoveling out potty paths for Bogie. He used to stand up on his hind legs and peer out. Now he basks outside in the sun on the warmer winter days here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mattie was loving the snow last night when it was around 10 inches. She was running, sniffing, jumping and eating the snow. But waking up this morning the snow was around 20 + inches and she was not happy, but then the snow is up to chest if she got off her paths. I see Mattie spending alot of the day on the couch sleeping, dreaming of warm sunny days for her to sunny bath.

This is Mattie last night when she was loving the snow. We had shovel some of the yard for her but finally just gave up and she had the path she was standing on.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm going to try to add some snow pics...

Here is me, Lily, and Gibbs in the snow:

Here is Bryan, Gibbs, and Lily in the snow:

It is currently snowing again, but as of right now not sticking...thank goodness! Gibbs loves it, but Lily doesn't.

~Heather

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2hounds, your hounds seem like they enjoy the snow. Mattie just stands and looks at us, like hmm.. are you going to dig my path bigger for me.
Mattie and I both are ready for Spring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts