Hi everyone, I was a member a few years ago but haven't been here in a while. I decided to rejoin because I am searching for some advice. My basset Copper has had chronic ear troubles. Our vet has given us every antibiotic available, and the last one seemed to work in combination with twice daily ear cleanings and topical medication. But after a few weeks his ears started to get bad again. He has three different strains of infection. He is a rescue and had this problem when we got him. We took him back to the vet for his weekly checkup and after testing, the vet said he had developed an immunity to the antibiotic. Unfortunately this was our last hope to treat the problem with medication. We have now decided to go ahead with surgery. I am very nervous because we have been told Copper will no longer be able to hear. I wondered if anyone has been through this situation and could give me advice on ways I might be able to ease his transition. Also if anyone else has had to resort to surgery, did you have good results. We have tried so many things and I am just hoping this will finally relieve my precious baby of his pain.