Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite cleaning ears everyday one of my bassets developed an ear infection. We took him to the vet and was prescribed mometamax. With the help of the prescription the infection cleared up in about a week. Hopefully I can prevent this moving forward but now I know the symptoms.

If this occurs in the future to prevent incurring additional fees for the vet visit does anyone know if/how I could obtain this medication without visiting the vet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Despite cleaning ears everyday one of my bassets developed an ear infection. We took him to the vet and was prescribed mometamax. With the help of the prescription the infection cleared up in about a week. Hopefully I can prevent this moving forward but now I know the symptoms.

If this occurs in the future to prevent incurring additional fees for the vet visit does anyone know if/how I could obtain this medication without visiting the vet?
Doing a quick check, although there are a lot of meds. that can be bought onlined without a prescription, this one looks as if it does need a prescription form a vet. In the UK, we can do this although our vets charge for the 'script so the saving has to be considerable for this to be worth doing. I did this for Frankie's Metacam which was horribly expensive from my vet, but even with their £14 prescription charge, vastly less via the online Animal Chemist I used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts