Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any that are commercially sold?
Or have some homemade gadget for this?

Reason is because Worm had an ear infection after getting a bath (I had forgotten to remind them to make sure no water gets in his ears... well, I guess I thought they would know, but guess not...). It is hard to flip their ears back, and have them stay back (unlike a dachshund's, which I used to do all the time-- made him look like an alien :eek:).

Talked to the vet about it, and she wanted him to "air his ears out" after baths and from time to time. She suggested a chip bag clip...

Well, I was thinking surely someone must make these for bassets...?

ps. This is a picture of him on the table at the vet's... looking perplexed at the idea of a chip clip on his ears! ... ha ha... he looks like a funny old man dog...

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I really wish someone made these commercially, i would get some...

but yeah, Worm does get weekly ear washings w/ear wash... it's just that they are still damp inside after. so that's when the chip clip comes on... yeah, i worry it can be kinda painful too, so don't keep them on longer than 10 minutes.

btw, SophieB, what is a snood?
(is it a snotty hood??? that's all we could come up with...! ummm, we know we are wrong...)

also, CatherineM, great idea about the tube top and how funny about putting a basset in a ball cap. were your bassets' ears long enough to go out through the back..? hee hee... phooey. didn't know that bassets are prone to cataracts. Now I want to put sunglasses on Worm when he sits in the sun, esp by the window where the sun is really intense. I was thinking that prob wasn't good for his eyes. do they sell sunglasses for dogs, I wonder?

in the meantime, we will try the ball cap thing, too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.