Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been cleaning Snoopy's ears out on a weekly basis since we got him as a 16 weeks old. Because of this, he seems to have an obsession with ears of all shapes and sizes.

He tries to clean my ears out for me.

I;ve caught him on the sofa with Henry - Henry on his back, Snoopy cleaning his ears out for him. And I've also caught him pinning the cat down so his ears can be cleaned also. And the cat loves it. Stoopid cat.

Is obsessive-compulsive disorder common in basset hounds?

·
Registered
284 Posts
ahhh - he likes to look after people just like you look after him. i know my dog is obsessed with underware so maybe ear cleaning is your dogs obsession! - i cant think of worse, much worse LOL

When we had Bertie he was obsessed with smelling her behind when she was having a pee, and she's just look around at him and didnt see it to be a problem - she's a a bit of a flirt with the men!

you are very very lucky that he likes his ears being cleaned. My Snoops has had hers done once a week since 10 weeks old and she hates it with a passion. She has to be fed upto SIX bakers treats whilst i am doing it just so that she doesnt mouth me, she'd never bite but she just holds on to my arm and she knows that if she does that then she gets fed treats to keep her mouth busy. The Vet has to muzzle her when he wants to look in them!

She does have a yeast infection though which makes them tender now and then - she has supplements in her diet to calm this down and it seems to be working a treat over the past two months.

You'll have to try and get a picture of Snoopy licking your cats ears and Henry's - it sounds very funny!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Edith Ann keeps Charlie's ears spotless. Charlie does not return the favor, preferring to be treated like he's the Lord of the Manor ;) .......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts