Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like to post morbid stuff on here, but man, what a brave little momma cat...I just might have to drive over there and adopt her. Poor thing. Article from a local paper:

Mother cat carries kittens in plastic bag

Last Updated May 12 2006 06:09 PM CDT
CBC News

The Regina Humane Society is crediting an eight year old girl with saving the lives of five kittens.

The girl was playing Thursday in the city's north-central neighbourhood, when she spotted a cat carrying a plastic bag in its mouth.

The bag was tied shut. Inside were five newborn kittens.

The Humane Society says it was a case of a mother cat trying to rescue her offspring. All six are recuperating at the shelter.

Sandy

·
Registered
932 Posts
OMG, things like this make me despair of the human race. Just think of all the little ones that don't get helped. I think the people in animal welfare and rescue are the bravest people on earth. I'd end up killing myself if I had to face these horrible situations every day. All I can do is support animal welfare causes as best I can, and adopt as many rescues as I can financially handle. :cry: :cry:

S

·
0 Posts
Actually not as morbid as heartwarming. The lengths mothers will go to save their Babies!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I agree with Sabian's Mom... the story is more heartwarming than morbid. It's children that give us hope for the future... we just have to take their natural love for animals and nurture it.

Terry

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think it's too bad that human mothers can't be trusted to take the good care of their babies that animal mothers do. Think of all the stories you read where the mother let her boyfriend kill or hurt her children or did it herself. I'm so glad the little girl investigated and that the kittens will be taken care of.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Valerie and George
I think it's too bad that human mothers can't be trusted to take the good care of their babies that animal mothers do.
I'd have to unfortunately agree with this ... just yesterday the headline on the front of one of our papers (from vancouver) was of a newborn (human baby) found in a dumpter... in a bag and they said it looks like it had been there for about a month.

The suspected mother had skipped out of the province and last I heard they're still looking for her.

Makes me absolutely ill to think of how some human beings can treat animals, children and each other.

No wonder why I prefer my houndies over most people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts