Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep going on and on about Duke, but I don't think he's out of the woods yet. He seems to have taken a turn for the worse. wheezing alot again, diarrea, and shaking more and more, even when sleeping. He hasn't eaten for two days, but he's still drinking.I don't think he is doing so well.. We were talking just yesterday about how his eyes looked so sunken. Back to the vet on Monday. (sigh)
I looked this up on the internet, not very encouraging.. :(
It's from PetPlace.com:

"The prognosis is guarded for animals with severe lung involvement and for those with eye or nervous system involvement. Approximately half of dogs with severe lung involvement experience a worsening of the respiratory function during the first week of treatment. This complication is thought to be caused by rapid killing of the fungal organisms and can lead to death. It is very difficult to treat animals with nervous system involvement. Those with advanced eye involvement have a poor prognosis for return of vision."

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
:( Will be keeping you and Duke in our thoughts.

·
Registered
775 Posts
So sorry that duke is feeling so badly we will be praying for you both.

A

·
0 Posts
Damn It!!

Slinging drool by the front-end loader full to poor Duke!

Lynne & Huck

M

·
0 Posts
I will say special prayers for Duke. We are all pulling for him! Get well soon Duke!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Geeze! Rosie having had similar symptoms in the beginning with Duke I can somewhat appreication your feelings right now. We were lucky (so far) with Rosie, but you and Duke are in our prayers every day!

A

·
0 Posts
We are keeping Duke in our prayers and are keeping all paws crossed for a recovery. yvonne

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thinking of you & Duke!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I cannot imagine the heartache you're feeling, I'm so sorry. Lucy & Ethel send happy howls for his full recovery. Keep us posted.

A

·
0 Posts
So sorry to hear about Duke :( Sening lots of drool and a prayer for all of U. Happy to be a slave 4 Tummy Boy

·
Registered
932 Posts
Poor Duke, poor you. Sally & Daisy send drool and we send prayers for your boy.

A

·
0 Posts
how hard this has to be on the whole family hard to see the ones we love suffer . you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

A

·
0 Posts
Slobber and positive thoughts coming your way. Hope he gets through this.
Arlene and Opus.

C

·
0 Posts
OMG!! If his eyes are sunken, he is horribly dehydrated...

CALL THE VET NOW!!

I am so sorry that you both are going through this... I will keep you in my prayers! (((((HUG)))

1 - 20 of 24 Posts