Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following this, and have a question. I think you said that Duke might have picked this up from soil that your husband brought to your lawn last summer. If the fungus is still there, can your lawn be treated so that the dogs won't be reinfected?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In our area we have County Agricultural agents- do you have something like that in Canada? Maybe that would be a place to start? Would the vet who diagnosed Duke have any ideas on this? Just thinking out loud here-

A

·
0 Posts
How many cases of this have there been this year? ...From our Basset Forum? I am just now reading about this and I can't tell if we are in danger in Florida.

Did the soil come in bags or was it a load of soil that was delivered? Just curious because I regularly replenish my flower beds with top soil from bags.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Faye, we don't know for sure if that's how he got it, but we bought about 20 bags of topsoil and about 10 bags of peatmoss, all store bought.

I will check into whether I still need to be concerned, now that it is all grass again. My dad said we could probably spray to kill the fungus if it is still there. (The back yard is all ice and snow now)

Sandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts