Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today Duke has been admitted to the vet clinic. My husband (who always claims he hates the dogs :) ) phoned his friend Dr Bill, who owns the clinic. He does not work with small animals anymore, but has 40+ years of experience. As a favor to my husband, he made a special trip down to the clinic to see Duke. finally someone is doing something for him!!

This is it today. They have him on IV, are doing a fine needle aspiration on his lungs, some kind of throat swab and extensive bloodwork. They said they will know by this afternoon exactly what he has. (they should have done this last week! :mad: ) He is a very sick little dog, but they still had to sedate him, as he is so afraid of the vet clinic.
Thank you so much for all the support, I am very emotional these days, when Cody picked Duke up to carry him out the door, he was almost limp, and I lost it...will post later as soon as we find out the results.

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Prayers for you and yours and drool from Regina. Please take care. It is so hard when they are so sick and we are so powerless. Big Hugs

Susan and Wilson

A

·
0 Posts
Please know that we're all here for you and are fervently hoping for the best. I wholeheartedly agree that a second opinion was needed. This is yet another example of going with your instinct and not settling if you're feeling something isn't adding up. Please come through this Duke - we are all behind you.

Lynne & Huck

A

·
0 Posts
Tons of drool and prayers from North Carolina!! Keeping paws crossed for a speedy recovery!!
Please let us know how he/you are doing.
Annie
Porkchop and Claire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts