Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke took a turn for the worst last evening.His poor body just gave out. He had a horrid night and was so exhausted that by four oclock this morning, he couldn't walk.
The vet came at six oclock to give him peace. It's so sad, and I'm still shaking, and just when I thought I'm all done crying, I start all over again....I just can't believe he's gone. :(

Sandy

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
We are very sorry to hear this. We were really hoping and praying that he would make it okay. It must have been so difficult, but you did the right thing; now he is resting in peace. We'll continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts.

A

·
0 Posts
Oh no!!! That is horrible. I am so sorry for your loss. YOu are in my thoughts.
Jennifer

A

·
0 Posts
Sandy, I am so very sorry to hear this, but you did what was right for him, and while that won't comfort you today or tomorrow, you know in your heart that it is true. You nursed him, loved him and finally, when you could do no more, you released him from any suffering. He was a lucky dog to have had such an owner.
Take care.
Arlene and Opus.

O

·
0 Posts
I won't even try to say "I know what you are going through" because...I don't, no one does. You are a strong woman to make the right decision despite the pain it brought you. During this time, remember that now Duke is healthy and vibrant again and can watch down over you always. He is truly one of a kind and will always have a special place here.

My deepest condolences,

·
Registered
905 Posts
So sorry to hear about Duke.Hope you find peace and comfort in knowing you did the right thing. You will be in my thoughts. Take care.

A

·
0 Posts
Oh my gosh..my heart goes out to you and will keep you in my thoughts the next few weeks!

You were a wonderful and faithful owner to Duke and I am sure he is at the bridge telling all what a great life he had with you with his tail wagging a mile a minute!

Please take care and know we are all thinking of you and Duke today!

Kathy

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am so sorry. All our sympathy and tears. He is in a better place painfree and playing peacefully. Take care of you, your family and Bo.

T

·
0 Posts
Oh, Duke! What a wonderful life you had.

I'm glad Duke was able to be with the people who loved him at the end of his life. You gave him the gifts of peace and happiness and security, but the final gift is always the hardest to give; freedom from suffering.

Follow the path to the Bridge, Duke. Fireflies light the way, gentle breezes scent the trail, friends wait at the end.

Sandy, Give Bo extra hugs from all of us. He'll be hurting, too. Prayers for your peace from us.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this- such a cruel way to go! You both fought the good fight;sometimes we just have to accept that it's not enough. Duke was lucky to be so loved in this life! Peace.

A

·
0 Posts
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear about Duke. But please take comfort in knowing you did the right thing by putting him to rest. Please know we will be thinking of you and praying for all of you.

A

·
0 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Duke... but be assured that you did the right thing, and he is no longer in any pain. He will be watching over you and your family, waiting until he sees you again. We will be praying for you.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
oh no, this is a sad sad news.
You can never get used to this kind of thing. Hang on in there. Duke is at a better place now, basset heaven! :(

If there is such a place, I would like to be there someday.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sandy, I am crying as I read this. YOu & Duke put up such a good fight and in the end you did the most courageous thing you could do.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

A

·
0 Posts
Sandy & Family - My heart sank when I saw your post title. I went to bed last night feeling that Duke would make it through this horrible time. Perhaps I just wished it so much as now my tears are flowing and my heart is breaking along with yours. I know that everyone speaks the truth that you did the right thing for Duke. Mourn your loss until you can bring yourself to see the eternal rainbow you gave him.

Hold Bo abit tighter now and be kind to yourself. We are all sharing your grief.

Lynne & Huck

1 - 20 of 69 Posts