Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudley has been curling up in front of the fireplace lately. He's far from being "skinny" cold. The little tub weighs 55 pounds, and won't 10 months old for another 10 days.

It's a fake electric fireplace, but it does have a 1500 watt heater on the bottom.

·
Registered
797 Posts
:unsure: Don't know what type of heater, but one pup I sold recently has been dragged out from under it, because he was burning his fur. Obviously not bad enough to cause him any pain, but they could smell it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I am freezing and would love to have one of those fake fireplace heaters. I would probably curl right up like your cutie pie Dudley!

~Heather

·
Registered
272 Posts
oh my...is he ever getting big!!! he certainly isn't a tiny pup anymore!! i always love seeing his freckles on his belly!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:unsure: Don't know what type of heater, but one pup I sold recently has been dragged out from under it, because he was burning his fur. Obviously not bad enough to cause him any pain, but they could smell it.[/b]
It's not hot to the touch, but it does get very hot in front of the blower. As you can see in the one picture, he has his head pointed under it. The other night his whole head was under there. I was afraid he would make himself sick (heat stroke), so I pulled him away. Of coarse he had to go right back where he was.
That was when I was with him on the floor, trying to get warm myself. I have it turned down when I'm not right there with him. He likes the little extra warmth, he's the only one that crawls under the covers in bed. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts