Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this has been asked before....
but since i'm still new to the Basset world..always learning..and always need to know!

Wally came to us as a rescue, 6 years old, and seems to be really healthy. First vet visit went very well, and nothing too alarming other than the yeast infection in ears..and that has since been long gone. However...the dry, really dry, nose is causing my concern. I've always thought dogs noses should be moist and cool. Wallys isn't. I almost want to put something on it to make it wet! LOL.
It has been this way since day one...he seems to be fine.. and I assume (hate that word!!) that he is fine. Any ideas?? should I be concerned or is there really anything I can put on his nose to make it moist? it looks like it hurts..but I'm sure it doesn't. Just really dry looking to me. (you know how us women are!!) LOL!

He has also horribly dry pads on his feet also...which is very surprising because he is an indoor dog. but again... prior to my home...I can't say for sure the conditions of his living experience. i just know now he is in his FOREVER HOME (yeah!!!) and I want the rest of his life to be spent in true bliss... so moist nose and feet pads... should I worry? :confused:

Thanks everyone...
Connie

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My Sami had the very dry nose for months following a respiratory illness she had- We used vaseline- Her nose looks real moist now. There is something for the pads of the feet (sorry don't know the name) but pet stores carry- I've seen it at Petsmart. Good luck!

T

·
0 Posts
I bought some kind of paw balm online at erinsedge, but I can't remember the name and haven't used it yet.

Janet 'n Twink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts