Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is THE day. Bianca is getting fixed this afternoon.
We're completely stressed out, even though we know that it's a pretty standard procedure.

Also, it's her last chance to be able to stay with us. If her agression problems (caused by her hormones, she's in false pregnancy for the THIRD time after her last heat despite hormone treatment) don't go over, we won't be able to keep her.

I took a week off of work, just to care for her and Lola and Maurice... People called me nuts at the office, but hey, they're our 'children'.

Patrick

O

·
0 Posts
Remember, kisses have healing powers. So go on a kissing spree all over her little head :)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

A

·
0 Posts
Lots of Drool from North Carolina and wishes for a quick recovery!!! (I'm sure she will be soaking up all of the attention she can get!!)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bianca is home.

She's shaken, disturbed, and lost, but doing fine :)

The vet noticed a starting infection of the uterus, because of her continuing false pregnancies.

She doesn't know how to lay down to get some sleep, so we just let her find her own way for the moment.

Thx for the support :)

Patrick

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm glad Bianca is home and hopefully by now she is taking a long nap. I am a firm believe in the power of sleep!

I hope this solves her aggression problems so that she will be able to stay with you. Your office might think you're strange taking time off - but I'd do the same thing!!

Lots of drool for your furbaby.

A

·
0 Posts
Buckets of frozen drool coming from Saskatchewan. I hope this helps all the problems and makes the grumpy moods go away.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
932 Posts
She's going to feel so much better after she recovers from the surgery! Thinking good thoughts and sending drool from Sally & Daisy.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Good luck to Bianca. Just a word of note it can take over 4 months before noticable decline in hormone related behaviors are seen. Just because the production source is greatly reduce they are not quickly metabilized so they float around the body for quite some time

H

·
0 Posts
Patrick, you are so lucky to have caught the uterine infection. We lost a sweet, old Golden Retriever rescue to such an infection. We adopted her at 12 1/2 yrs. old, and her original people had never had her spayed.

She'll be ok. Best wishes to you both :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx for all the support :)

Bianca is doing fine now. She's sutch a brave girl. Despite her pain, she asked to go out yesterday. A quick pee and poo in the garden, which she has to reach through one flight of stairs.

This morning she did the same. She's slept most of the day, but wags her tail whenever we come near her :)

Guess in a day or three that all this will just be a bad memory.

Patrick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts