Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when the dogs drink the last of thier water and I refill the bowl cause i dont want them to be without constant access to water. Gordon runs over to the fresh bowl and drinks as much as he can until he gets sick... then i usually top off the bowl and life goes on however i find this very odd behavior. My only idea is that he doesnt want Missy drinking water or something so he just tries to drink it all. This a common thing or is my dog just weird? I asked the vet and he said he is in great health, was kinda stumped by the issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It doesn't sound like Gordon is dehydrated so I believe this is a behavior issues. I suggest getting one of those bowls with a big water bottle attached. He might try to beat it for awhile but eventually he will figure out the bowl is always going to be full.

[ January 19, 2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Miss Emmas Daddy ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the never ending bowl is in the budget for this month. I just dont want him ralphing water on my floor anymore.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That is a really strange behaviour!
Well...at least you could have a really clean floor after it! :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
They drink a lot of water. Before I bought mine, I was always refilling their bowl.
BUY A GOOD ONE. The first one I bought wasn't big enough, and the water level was too high, they slopped it all over.
This is the one I bought that worked better and refills easy.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
OK- I must laugh at this!! We bought one of the above products thinking to outsmart our Abby (Brittany Spaniel) who was continually drinking all the water... She'd slurp and slurp and finally sit back as the water leverl dropped... Just then it makes a gurgling sound and the bowl refills- She gives it a horrrified look... sighs... and starts all over!! It was quite funny- Ummm... she did eventually stop trying to drink the whole thing :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts