Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Basset owners has an equivalent to "officer's down!" - and that's "basset down!"
When you see a basset down on her back, rolling on the ground, you can be sure
she has found the one and only thing in the neighborhood smelling even worse
than herself. It can be a dead rat or some old poop - or anything in between.

I went out to take some pics, but was distracted by the rather goodlooking neighbor
with a golden retriever. Suddenly I saw Doris down in the ditch, I hauled her up
and hoped for the best. I took up the conversation, when I realized that now Emma
was down on the same spot - and she sure smelled like she needed a bath.... :unsure:

They were not happy afterwards, Doris was not pleased, but clean:

Emma was furious, I took this just before she went after my throat:
+

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I almost choked on my coke laughing at Emma's expression... I thought mine disliked baths. She is sure telling you what's what!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's just about how George feels about a bath. I think Gigi will be far more open to the idea since she so loves playing in the water dish (and flinging water all over the house!) We haven't tried giving her one yet. So has Emma forgiven you yet?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Oh, poor Emma & Doris.

Judging by the looks on thier faces you will be paying for this for a long time!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I would be careful around Doris and Emma for a few days. They may be planning "REVENGE" for those baths you gave them. Emma really does looked "ticked off" at you. I hope the ladies did get special bubble baths. Nothing but the "best" for those lovely ladies.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Shame on you! ;) Doris looks like she will just quietly pout, but I would keep one eye on Emma at all times!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest, Emma wasn't mad at all. B)

I was holding up a treat for her, and she kept bouncing
up and down after it, in the picture she has just landed
and about to take off again... :lol:

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
608 Posts
Great pics!! :D

BTW, bet that 'good looking' neighbour, didn't find you very attractive after the girls performed their 'party piece'. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
How dare you make me get wet Daddy!!!! I am a Queen and I do not wish to be treated as such a common canine! :eek:

:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts