Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last night I'm sitting on the couch all curled up with my Daisy Mae. I would have prefered the lazy boy but Daisy wouldn't settle down until I was on the couch. ;) I have my stash of chips, pop and chocolate bar and am watching Survivor (love Thursday nights, because its Survivor and Greys Anatomy!). A commercial comes on and IN the commercial a doorbell rings. Well, Daisy Mae jumps off the couch, starts barking and runs for the side door! How do you convince a bassett it was only the t.v?! :huh: She didn't come back downstairs for the rest of the night, just slept in her bed in the kitchen.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i kind of had that last night too!

there really is no way of telling them its the tv! you just have to wait for them to give up barking and to settle back down.

a dog barked on the tv last night and snoopy leaped off the sofa, ran to the back door barking her head off! she took about five minutes to realise i wasnt going to open the back door for her to go out and eventually come back up on the sofa!

·
Registered
932 Posts
There is a show called "House Hunters" on the HGTV channel that has a doorbell in the intro. It took awhile for the girls to figure out that it wasn't "real".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts