Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had tried using a system like this and if so, how well did it work? It's like a miniature septic system. From the information provided, it probably wouldn't be too effective during the winter unless you lived in a year-round warm climate, but just using it in the hot summer months would be worth it to me!! What do you think?
costco.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
We put something like this in our yard but after awhile we stopped using it. You have to add chemicals and a lot of water with it and, maybe I'm just lazy but it just didn't work for us. It's much easier for me to throw it over the fence into the neighbors' yard :D (just kidding!!!)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah, my golf game should be improving, with all the "pitching" I'm doing these days. Thank goodness we have a steep dropoff wih a ravine which is just begging for fertilizer, if you know what I mean. I'm getting very good distance these days. :lol: I really have to keep up with it with three dogs! :blink:

·
Registered
775 Posts
When we relocated from Philadelphia here to Florida we decided to order this system. We got it from Drs. Foster & Smith. I thought it would be a good solution! WRONG! It didn't drain properly and filled up with brown poop water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Husband read all the instructions and he installed it properly. Every time we lifted the lid the whole yard smelled beyond description! It was horrible trying to remove it! I won't give you all the gross details but it involved buckets, many commmerical trash bags and heavy duty gloves! I went back to the way I disposed of Maggie Mae's poop for years. I bought a plastic diaper pail, lined it with scented liners. I pick up twice daily and put the piles in a plastic bag from the grocery store and tie a knot in it. It goes in the scented liner till trash day. Never smells and I live in Florida. It's a great solution and the pail doesn't look so bad. This one is actually a pretty pale blue with a silver colored lid!!

I've yet to know anyone who was pleased with the disposal system you asked about.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gooey liquid poo mess puddle all around it. [/b]
Every time we lifted the lid the whole yard smelled beyond description! [/b]
Thank you very much; I get the picture... :eek: :blink: I am forgetting about it as of right now and am I glad I asked first!! I appreciate your responses - they no doubt saved me from having to find out the hard way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts