Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am pretty new to the boad...in fact, this is my first post under this handle (I forgot my original handle). :)

Anyway...I take my hound to day care one to two days a week and it's $17/day if purchased individually (there are price incentives for buying multiple days at a time).

When I first started taking her, at about 18 weeks old, I took her 3-4 times a week but have gradually decreased as she's gotten older.

My Millie LOVES going...she loves to play and the staff love having her and boy is she one tired little girl at the end of the day!

It's been a totally positive experience for Millie and I.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We take Molson to doggy day care anytime we're going to be gone for a whole day, or on vacation. We take him to the PetsMart Pet Hotel, and he LOVES it! We have never had any problems with them, and we can even have them give him a bath or clip his nails while he is there. Their prices are about $15 for doggy day camp and a little more than that if they spend the night. The longest time we had him there for 6 days, and we were even able to call & check up on him. If anything I think it has helped Molson become more sociable, and he loves being able to play with other dogs all day long (they have fully supervised play so no one gets too rowdy)before we got Rogue, we would take him a couple of times a month just for a special treat. I think the key is finding a place where you know they will be well taken care of. We had Molson go in for a couple of hours of Doggy Day care before we ever had him stay overnight.

A

·
0 Posts
My vet has a great kennel, with individual walks, plus group swimming, and the dogs hang out in a fenced yard most of the day. Toby loved to go there (simon still is up in the air on it) when I had my surgery Toby stayed there for 5 weeks!!! he was fine It is 19.00 a day to spend the night

J

·
0 Posts
Jake and his friend Harvey Hound spend three days a week with a retired lady who provides a dog sitting service. There's usually one or two labs, a pound dog and the lady's two yorkies. Jake loves it, more so than kennels where he used to fret (as did I !). He gets an hour's walkie each day and spends the rest of the time lounging on the sofa. :cool:

£6 ($10.50) day, £12 ($21) day + overnight.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I have heard very positive things from all who have. Also, it's a great way for your dog to learn those all important socialization skills, and to keep them once learned.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
My neighbor takes her three young ones to puppy daycare once a week since they were very young. She goes to American Canine in South Westport MA. It began as a way to give her and her elderly hound a break from the pups. They would play all day and return home, eat, and pass out for the evening. A restful day for all. With five dogs in the house, the young ones (now almost two years old) STILL go to daycare (but not every week), partly for the same reasons they used to but also because they LOVE it there.
It's like sending your kids to camp - they love it and so do you! ;)

Terry

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry so long. :) I think it was well worth the money at the time because we both worked and couldn't make it home to let him out. This made sure he was comfortable and we still had our hour walks at night, it just didn't have to be three hours :D (he was 1 when we adopted him)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts