Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)A while ago there was a discussion about booties that fit Bassets to protect against cold. I have just the opposite problem. I need booties that will protect against the heat. It is already hot enough that I had to carry Abigail across the pavement, so now I try to stay on the sidewalk but even that is getting to be uncomfortable.

If anyone has information on booties please let me know and I will follow-up. Abilgail will thank you.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I lived in St. Pete for half my life until I fell in love with a Canadian. When I walked them where they had to cross a side walk to get to the grass or dirt or sand, I carried half a beach towel with me. I cut one in half lengthwise, and would just throw it down on the cement like a red carpet. It also came in handy when they would get into some mud or water puddle to wipe feet before coming in the house.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do love the St Pete/Clearwater area, but Abby really is affected by the heat. This past winter the cold, yes cold in Florida, no affect but the heat is different for her. The whole time I was asking all of you, I was thinking the same thing Mikey, I doubt very seriously Abby will go for this, but I have to try. I'll go to your suggested web site. Thank you everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts