Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the recipes I used for the cake & ice cream I made. They are from the cookbook "Whelpings & Second Helpings" from the Basset Hound Club Of America. The book is filled with lots of great mouth watering recipes for our hounds as well as ourselves. In fact, a couple of mine are in there ;)

Rusty & Stickers are awake and happy to be the Birthday Girl & Birthday Boy! Little Wilson is running around very excited too. He's not sure why but LOVED the sound of my Husband's voice singing "Happy Birthday"!!

We will have cake for lunch and ice cream for dessert tonight. Here are both recipes!

GINGER BANANA PARTY CAKE

2/3 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup softened butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Beat together mashed banana & butter till creamy. Add eggs & water. Beat well. Stir in dry ingredients, beat till smooth. Add nuts. Spoon batter into oiled and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely. There is no frosting on this cake. It smells delicious!

ICE CREAM FOR FURKIDS *** They go wild over this!

(32 oz) vanilla yogurt
1 mashed banana
2 TB. creamy peanut butter
2 TB. Honey

Blend mix in blender (I use my Food Processor) and freeze in ice cube trays. (I use mini muffin pans)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Those sound great! Happy birthday Rusty and Stickers!

~Heather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sounds delicious!! I think Bogie would drool over this. How did the threesome like the birthday treats??

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They each had a nice size piece of cake followed by a chunk of ice cream (I froze them in mini muffin pans) so they each had one "mini muffin" size. They devoured all of it and one day later, I am happy to report completely normal poop from everyone :lol: :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
Recipes sound great. Patti do U ever rest ?? You put us all to shame ! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the recipes, my wife was just asking what should we do for Luke's first birthday. This answers the food side of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts