Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My folks have Dachshunds and my mom called me and asked if I knew any sites with plans for a small dog wheelchair as one of their Dachshunds may need one to recoup from an on going back injury.

I have found a few sites and thought more heads are better than 1 so I wanted to know if anyone knew of any links.

I have seen tons of the commercial sites, looking for sites with advice, accessories, and ideas as I told my mom that me and my dad can sit down and build him something special for what is needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear that- we had dachshunds for years and it was so sad to see a once active dog lose use of her legs or have a bad back. I found plans at www.handicappedpets.com. If you go to wheelchairs in the pulldown menu, then on next screen another pull down menu that says all services- scroll down to homemade carts. They also have wheelchairs for purchase and ramps, but there are plans using different materials for both large and small dogs and some of the plans for cats may even work. Hope this helps some!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I can't help you with the plans but there's an adorable little terrier mix up at the park who FLIES around in her wheelchair! She is most definitely not slowed down by her bad back. Go for it~!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts