Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at the last second you can see my poke my snout forward and grab a rawhide chew from the front of the kennel. i do that a lot. i flip something out of the crate onto the floor and all they see is my head shoot out and right back in having grabbed the item. that call it hungry hungry hippos for some reason

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'd forgotten how cute they are when they are playing like that. New puppy is coming soon, so I'm going to get re-acquainted real fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oliver loves our bassets.

I had never seen a dog and cat play together so fiercely. I have to break them up from time to time because the get so rough (as can be seen at the end of this video) yet they go right back at it and sleep next to each other like the best of friends. Now that we have the little, she's even more rambunctious towards the cat and the cat love it. He will sneak up on the dogs just to try and start something.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Mine have all been afraid of cats. They want to play, but when they get their noses scratched, they get their feelings hurt.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer and Penny, our 13 yo. cat. She is laying on his pillow by his bone; double whammy for poor Boomer!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks like the cat got tired of being yelled at towards the end :) I sure hope our cats "accept" the puppy. But...they really don't have a choice :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unfortunately, my cat is old and grumpy. He has no interest in the dogs other than staring at them in horrified fascination if someone leaves the door open and they start eating out of his litterbox.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts