Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an issue that has gone on with Dexter dog for a few years now (he is now 4, its been going on since he was 2 or so?).

I attributed it to just his stomach being up set at first, but it seems to happen more often nowadays.

Once I'd say every month or so, he just starts heaving and throws up very yellow bile. He's generally frisky throughout the day, even after he throws up. And his appettite never changes. I feed him in the morning, and if he throws up its usually in the evening before his dinner.

Like I said, this happens about once a month or so and its never effected his friskiness. We recently went to the vet for his checkup and everything checked out good.

Any advice?

A

·
0 Posts
Wow, I wonder if he is getting into something he is not supposed to, that is only available to him once a month. You might have to be a detective to find the source. yvonne

·
Registered
905 Posts
My westie did this about twice weekly, during the night, or very first thing in the morning. The vet suggested giving her a biscuit or something in her stomach last thing at night. It can happen when a dog's stomach is empty. Glad to say it worked immediately.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well, do double check with your vet...but Pearl has done that for years. It happens when her stomach is empty. When she was a pup, before we realized it was going on, it would happen almost every morning. Smaller frequent feedings may help--like at least twice a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts