Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of anyone dog events going on in the dallas/fort worth metroplex area. I know there have been dog events at fair park in the past, and I've also tried researching things online to find out about any upcoming events, but so far I haven't been able to find very much.. I want to take Hank out for a doggie event! I KNOW DFW MUUUST HAVE SOMETHIN GOING ON!

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
hmm

they way they are playing every time the Cowboys step on the field it is a dggy event.

And i thing Hank has on up on ROMO and Kitna in that he would through fewer interceptions cuz he can't see where the defense is and specifical target throughs to them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There is a lot of fun stuff going on for Hank. I hardly ever go to any of the events because Harley doesn't get along with other dogs and Anabelle is hard to get around and has a short energy span, but I do hear about them.

October 1st is Dog Day Afternoon for Operation Kindness. Usually it is at Flagpole Hill, right around White Rock Lake, and there are lots of vendors, demonstrations, etc. There should be more information on their website. It is free I believe.

October 29th is the Basset Hound Shuffle, the North Texas Basset Rescue has lots of info on their site about that. I don't know about cost but it is the biggest fundraiser for the N Tx Basset Rescue so I would come prepared to pay something.

Operation Kindness has 2 big dinner fundraisers every year for people only. Hope Gala has already passed and is more geared towards "high rollers" with gourmet meals, diamonds, etc. I volunteered for it this year and it was fancy. Some of the folks there spent $10k+. They have a bigger less expensive event called Canines Cats and Cabernet on November 13th that's more geared towards us middle-class folks :p

There are a lot of dog groups on meetup.com but no basset specific ones. Dog About Town on facebook posts a lot of local events too.

Hope that helps :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a lot of fun stuff going on for Hank. I hardly ever go to any of the events because Harley doesn't get along with other dogs and Anabelle is hard to get around and has a short energy span, but I do hear about them.

October 1st is Dog Day Afternoon for Operation Kindness. Usually it is at Flagpole Hill, right around White Rock Lake, and there are lots of vendors, demonstrations, etc. There should be more information on their website. It is free I believe.

October 29th is the Basset Hound Shuffle, the North Texas Basset Rescue has lots of info on their site about that. I don't know about cost but it is the biggest fundraiser for the N Tx Basset Rescue so I would come prepared to pay something.

Operation Kindness has 2 big dinner fundraisers every year for people only. Hope Gala has already passed and is more geared towards "high rollers" with gourmet meals, diamonds, etc. I volunteered for it this year and it was fancy. Some of the folks there spent $10k+. They have a bigger less expensive event called Canines Cats and Cabernet on November 13th that's more geared towards us middle-class folks :p

There are a lot of dog groups on meetup.com but no basset specific ones. Dog About Town on facebook posts a lot of local events too.

Hope that helps :p
Thank you Kirska. I'll check all those out :)

MIKEY- AMERICA'S TEAM! That's right, they are America's team! I'm still upset that they had to play the stupid jets at the ny stadium for their opening premier.. AND THEY LOST! No surprise there. Man, I was so ticked off though. They were winning at first, but then it got to their head and they dug their own grave.

LAST GAME THEY WON THOUGH! Just to let you know; Romo really stuck out and played despite being hurt. He did good then and we won. (I'm so happy they lost that cupcake pansy =Wade Phillips. He never showed any anger or emotion after we lost a game. )

KEEP IT UP COWBOYS! This cowgirl is rootin for y'all.
Go longhorns, too! Casey McCoy, keep after your brother, but this time, STICK WITH US!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts