Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering about this.it seems Max drinks alot of water,of course we are in Florida but just thought I would ask.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My hound Layla drinks a lot of water too. We call it tanking up. She has done this since we adopted her. I think it might be because she may have been deprived of water when we was with her old owners. However it might be a good idea to have a general check with the vet's office just in case there is something else going on. (Especially if this is a new development). Also with Layla, it appears that she's drinking alot but when she moves her head from the bowl, I swear half of what she's drank runs back out onto the floor. We keep her water bucket on a boot tray with a towel and a rug underneath it to catch the run off.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hmmm... my person says i don't drink enough. my pee's always been the gold color of the "quote" button on the bottom right of this post..

then again, i don't live in hot climate. actually, it's always on the cooler side.
--Worm

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie doesn't drink all that much unless it's warm or we've been walking or having a major chase or fetch session.

·
Registered
973 Posts
If Anabelle's water bowl is empty when I go to bed she does not allow me to go to sleep. It is "BORROOOOO BORRROOOO" until the bowl is filled again.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just depends on the weather. Hot days, Boomer drinks a lot, cooler days, not as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts