Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id find out how many of you are kept up during the night from a Basset snore........ :(

Molly is terrible even if she is in the garden sleeping we can hear her inside..

Its funny really , it always reminds me of when i was young and my grandparents used to come and stay and we knew that they both snored at night which would keep us awake all night... :rolleyes:

But i do believe Molly would win the contest every time now.. :p

Have you a snoring Basset?? :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Both of mine do, but only when they are in a really deep sleep.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Both of mine do, but only when they are in a really deep sleep.

~Heather

·
Registered
79 Posts
OMG yessireeee....Abby (almost 11 years old now) snores quite frequently. When she is really tired and is on the floor near the couch, one can feel the vibrations.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dozer snores a little. But I won't complain, because I have heard my sister's 4 Pugs snore. I'll put up with a Basset's snore any day.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Interesting question and I have a theory about Toby and snoring.

He is fed on Burns which consists of brown rice,54% lamb,19%oats, peas, seaweed, sunflower oil, minerals and vitamins.His treats are home-made with human grade ingredients and again controlled protein and fat with no wheat or dairy.On this diet, he never snores.

On a couple of occasions when he has been given other food when I'm not there :angry: (usually by a relative who thinks all bassets should be fat and that I underfeed him) in addition to this then he snores.

I don't know if it is the overfeeding that caused him to snore, or maybe what was in the food that the relative gave him,or some allergy to an ingredient, but I am convinced that it is more than a coincidence that this happens with Toby.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chloe snores so loudy that we often must turn the T.V. up to hear the words over her snoring from the OTHER room and have started turning on the "closed captioning" for movies. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Daisy, Sally, my hubby, and kitty Waldo all snore. My earplugs are my best friends.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe is a totally soundless sleeper. Tally, however, snores to beat the band. I suspect it's because of her weight... she's a porker. :(

It's nothing that some regular walking won't cure (goodness knows we've tried everything we could to change her over-eating habit). The problem is that my daughter, Tally's real mom, is a full time college student who also works. I can't walk her due to a tendon injury in my foot (no long or brisk walking per doctor's orders). In the winter Tally won't set foot outside other than to do her business. I'm hoping that when the weather turns warmer she'll wander about the yard and romp with Moe like they used to and that may help her regain her girlish figure.

Question for other Dachshund owners - how do you keep your little weiners from eating everything they find and/or steal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts