1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Molly was a Puppy she always smelt of nice things.. :rolleyes:

Now she does not smell of roses..... :(

She has a real natural body odour which i find sometimes really is awful! :eek:

She has a bath and then goes out and finds something dreadful to roll in, i believe she loves to be smelly..

You would not think she was a little girl. If she was Human she would be a TOM BOY :p

Does your Basset have a natural body odour!! :unsure:

Carol

·
Registered
775 Posts
My girls only smell when they need a bath but my Copper has an oder most all the time. They all eat the same thing so I am not sure why he smells more than they do. I have grown use to the smell and really don't mind it anymore.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm guessing that your next post will be.......Does your basset fart? HEHEHE!! Poor you, looks like you'e got one with all the vices.

Just as well they are so lovable. She sounds like a real little character.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep she is our little smelly angel..... :lol:

The only thing she does not do is F....t!

Hopefully that will never happen as i dont think i could deal with that as well.

But its those eyes that help her get away with everything. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well our bassets don't smell to us - but this one "friend" of ours visited us yesterday and said to his wife...ooohhh....my hands smell of dog now!!!

I was very upset...those are my babies...and Wellie had a bath a week back!!!

:angry:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Your "friend" will learn that all dogs have some sort of odor. Sometimes bassets have a frito smell which is usually yeast. That has to be remedied. Other basset smells are just a hound smell. Ruby wasn't too bad until she got older.

My comment to your "friend" would have been something like, "do you want to wash your hands?"....and then go from there.

Janice and little Ruby

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your "friend" will learn that all dogs have some sort of odor. Sometimes bassets have a frito smell which is usually yeast. That has to be remedied. Other basset smells are just a hound smell. Ruby wasn't too bad until she got older.

My comment to your "friend" would have been something like, "do you want to wash your hands?"....and then go from there.

Janice and little Ruby[/b]

My comment was as follows..."you're more than welcome to visit or not to visit us - us implying the 4 of us...seeing as though our 2 bassets are part of the family.."

He just doesn't get it!!! These are our babies!!! His wife had to explain to him how rude he was!!!

Any hoo...the pups spells like pups...I always say their paws smells like caramel soil!!! hee hee

·
Registered
48 Posts

Janice and little Ruby[/b]

My comment was as follows..."you're more than welcome to visit or not to visit us - us implying the 4 of us...seeing as though our 2 bassets are part of the family.."

He just doesn't get it!!! These are our babies!!! His wife had to explain to him how rude he was!!!

Any hoo...the pups spells like pups...I always say their paws smells like caramel soil!!! hee hee

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lucy sleeps on the sofa in the living room. I can't walk in each morning and fall over from her smelly-ness. It amazes me!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I love them, but yes my dogs have that hound smell. Gotta love them!

~Heather

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our Girl is smelly, but I like her smell, she may smell like a dog but she is soooooo soft, I bath her not very often maybe once very couple months and she doesn't smell like she needs one, she has a real bassety smell

One un-lady like thing she does ALL the time is that she burps, and she will do it right in your face, now that stinks!!!

Does your basset burp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts