Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elvis will shred any kind of paper he comes across within his reach--toilet paper, paper towels, important documents... I trusted him to be alone for 5 minutes in the living room this morning and he found a sheet of paper lying on top of the coffee table to tear into tiny little pieces. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Stickers LOVES to shear any paper. When we leave the house, we move the magazine rack after several times of her thinking it was there for her pleasure :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Moosie goes after the toilet paper. We finally took the roll off the wall spools and leave the rolls on the counter top. Everytime we have company we have to explain why the toilet paper is on the counter. But it sure beats picking up a trail of it going down the hallway! His sister goes after any paper left on the dining room table that she can reach. Kind of embarrassing trying to explain to the doctor why the prescription disappeared!:p

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, I call Sherman my personal paper shredder. He was thrilled on Christmas because he had free reign. The house was covered with paper from one end to the other. We had to move the toilet paper roll, too.
Sally and Shermie

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
If Emma loves papers? :lol:
It's like asking if a fish loves water! :eek:
She subscribe to 4 national and 3 international papers,
to say nothing about those Playdoggirl's Magazines I see
she's hiding for me! :angry:

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Bogie Carter is a real shredder, too! Loves magazines, catalogs, anything paper that falls on the floor, and cardboard of anykind. He just pulls off chunks and makes a pile. Kleenex are for swallowing, however, and we really have to be careful about those. At least it's not rocks!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
My two love paper and boxes. A couple of weeks ago I had left 4 big cardboard boxes next to the shed out back. They didn't bother them for 3 days, and then I came home to find little cardboard shreds all over the backyard.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My two will chew up the Kleenex if I leave it out and once in a while paper but their favorite is plastic or foam like the kind you find in cushions. Sadie especially likes the foam and Max the plastic. Max has chewed up several of my plastic garden lights until we finally put a fence around the garden and he loves plastic bottles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had to empty every book case in my house !! I have 2 in a closet only! I also keep my toilet paper in a large canister in the powder room

·
Registered
219 Posts
YES!!!! :p

Jackie loves all paper products...she is constantly on the lookout for any paper/mail/paper towels she can get ahold of and shred shred shred!!! Tissues are a specialty...she whines for them if she sees me using them!!! :blink: :blink: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Funny you should ask . . .! :unsure:
We just arrived home to find our entire local newspaper shredded into a million pieces! Elmer is our paper and fabric culprit, while Button prefers electronics. (This morning he chewed up a "giveaway" calculator. ) I find if we put a heavy coaster on top of the mags and newspapers, he leaves them alone. ? After I cleaned tonight's mess up, Elmer got into my lap. He yawned, and he had a little piece of newspaper on his tongue! A dead giveaway.

You gotta love 'em! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Menna loves all types of paper and cardboard too and still can't pass the pedal bins in the bathrooms without making sure no has left a empty toilet roll centre for her delight.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Morton is an incorrigible paper-eater. I can give him a piece of paper for a reward instead of a cookie, and he's happy.

Also, some of the pups from my last litter seem to have a higher-than-normal taste for literature

·
Registered
230 Posts
YES! Fred will shred any type of paper, even his pee pee pads. I tried to paper train him with newspaper and he made it into confetti.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
[Bella loved paper as a pup. It's been at least a month since I noticed a trashed roll of toilet paper , :rolleyes: Maybe she's growing out of it. Latest hot toy--little tiny cans of cat food that can be punctured by basset teeth, and the cat food licked as it dribbles out. We had one hound once, Theodore, who could open them by grabbing the rib with his teeth, but Bella hasn't caught on to that yet. On the one hand, it was much neater. On the other, he inhaled the cat food faster before I even caught on. Thank heaven.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Doesn't it depend on how the paper was gotten? José would chew up full toilet paper rolls if left on the top of the toilet, and paper towels, too. Or any paper you leave around. But give him some (like the empty tube from wrapping paper) & that takes ALL the fun out of it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts