Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
We've lost it ...sort of. Dixie has a beautiul waiste, of course. But Belvedere has lost his. There's a bit of a curve if you are standing directly over him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You bet! We'll work him hard to keep it that way too!

(Wish my waist line looked as good!) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Both of mine have waistlines. Gibbs' waist is more defined-he is too skinny in my opinion, but the vet says "He is at a great weight", Lily is a bit more hefty, but once again according to the vet "She is at optimal Basset weight."

~Heather

K

·
0 Posts
Are you sure those are waists... and not just wide hips? :p :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerrio
Jackson's Blog.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
When we got Moe he was skin and bones. I tried for several years to fatten him up, in a vain attempt to make him look more "Bassety"... as a young guy looked sort of like a slightly long beagle with long ears. :lol: After several years my attempt to fatten him up was working far too well and he lost his waist. After a scolding from his vet we began to feed him more sensibly and for several years now he's maintained a healthy weight of seventy pounds, give or take a couple pounds now and again. He has a perfect shape for a dog his size. Tally, however, does not. <_< She's very porky. She looks somewhat like a baby fur seal... no waist, and no neck! I'm sure there is a waist in there somewhere but we haven't seen it in a long time. :blink:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mr. Runcible has one, even though he weighs 88 lbs.
Oh, and of course he has gotten a bigger harness. Our little ones grow up so fast, don't they? :p

Mr. Runcible says: Not to worry, I'm working on it right now, sir!
It'll be gone by eighteen hundred hours, sir!

(yes, that is a bone hidden under all the surplus skin and dewlaps.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts