Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face it...they're adorable...and really sometimes they DO look like they're talking or at least thinking really hard at you.

Daisy has a gravely old lady voice and she's usually quite rude and only wants/loves food, and is always asking for it.
Bowser, on the other hand, is a sweet little boy who can't say his "r"s properly and says "Mama!" a lot. He's very innocent and calls anything good to eat "purenia" (because my mom feeds her senior dogs this and he thinks it's candy and the most delicious thing ever) and anything nasty is "fish"...because he doesn't like fish *lol*

So, if my husband and I are in the kitchen cooking, the conversation goes something like this:
B: "Hewwo mama! Wut aw you do-ing?"
D: "oh is that food? Gimmie! I like food better than you anyway!"
B: "Dayzee dats not vewwy nice. I wuv mama and dada" *flops down on mama's feet*
D: "Be quiet Growser or whoever you are, just gimmie your food!"
B: "Okay Dayzee, you can have my food. It smells like FISH anyway. Who would want to eat fish? ewww. I onwe wike pureeena!"

Sometimes we take turns, but most of the time my husband is the "channel" that lets us hear what the dogs are really saying *lol*
How about at your house?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
HAHA! We do that with the cats. Haven't figured out Molly's voice yet, but I'm thinking it's this never ending stream of consciousness...a bunch of very random thoughts, mostly about peanut butter and our cat Nala. Those are her 2 current obsessions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts