Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we have any Arizonans on this forum does anyone have experience with this vet; Lookout Mountain Vet Clinic in Phoenix.

In my short experience with this breed I am finding that most vets know very little. J came across the above vet after poor experiences at other clinics. I spoke to this clinic and they have advised me their doctors do have experience with dwarf breeds and bassets. Just curious to see if anyone has come across this clinic before I work with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are in process moving to Phoenix metro area, any recommendations on a vets in the area? We pick our little basset up next month and I have a vet picked out here in Illinois, but when we move to AZ we will need to find a new vet for her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Weaver, I am still trying to find a vet we like. On a side note, are you the family that was looking for a daycare for their basset in Scottsdale. We go to furbabies resort in Scottsdale and the owner told us there was a family moving from Illinois who was looking at bringing their basset to the resort. Not too many bassets out here so thought i would ask!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not us, we are looking to live in Gilbert area. We loved Power Ranch out there. My husband works for State Farm the company is moving us out there. One of our friends out there has hounds I can find out what vet they use! They live in Mesa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good. We have two young hounds. Let us know what you find. State Farm has a large building in Tempe. I also work in the insurance industry but our office was near the airport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which airport the one out in Mesa? One of our friends that has the hounds live out by that airport and another friend of ours live in Red Mountain area. Yes, that's the building my husband will be working at, he does Linux Admin for SF. We love it out there and can't wait to move out there. We were out there in June and every place we tried to get was taken within hours. I'm so glad to find a fellow Basset owner. Any advice will be welcoming. Life for her will be way different than Illinois.

Did you get your bassets in AZ? I know a breeder here by us and I wanted to get 2, but the breeders had so many people wanting one they told us only 1 per family this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are over by Sky harbor airport in Phoenix. We live in South Scottsdale. The summer defintely is a challenge, especially with puppies. Bassets have been hard for us to find here. We had to go to California for one and our second is from Arkansas. We have a tricolor brown black and white and the second is red and white. It is a lot of work with two young bassets, if we could go back we would have waited 2 years in between. They each have their own personalities, needs and challenges. We have them dialed in with training now but it took a lot of work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ours is Lemon and white, we finally get to meet her tomorrow and she will be coming home the first week of Sept. I plan on not moving till at least spring of next year. My husband will be out there sooner, but the puppy will be here with me. Are you training on your own or using a trainer? I didn't know if having two at the same time would be easier or having 2 spaced out. Thanks, I might wait then for a 2nd one.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh that’s a great color. We started on our but realized we needed help. One is very dignified, task oriented and the other is clownish and just wants to play all the time. It’s been a lot of work but we’ve learned a lot. If you use Instagram you can see some photos of our guys @otbassets

1 - 10 of 10 Posts