Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
We have several rituals but here are two. At night, I will usually go to bed first to read. Huck will come lazily down the hall (clickety clack, clickety clack), get on the bed and stare at me. I will then lift the covers and he will do a u-turn type of move and roots under. He will then lay lengthwise as close beside me as humanly (or bassetly) possible with his fanny pointing at me. For the life of me I can't get him to turn around - it's gotta be that way.

The other ritual is in the morning and involves both the dogs. Anywhere from 6 to 7 AM, Grace, who is 80 lbs. now, will start jumping on the bed and then off the bed - on the bed then off the bed - on the bed then off the bed. She will then bang anything in the room with her big 2x4 of a tail making so much racket until I just can't stand it anymore. It's usually about this time that Huck starts flinging off the covers and "pops" out from under. I'll get up and they race to the kitchen where they both sit real pretty staring at the cookie jar. They both get their morning cookie and then they race to the front door to be let out. It doesn't matter that we have a doggie door in the kitchen OR that we leave the sliding glass door open in our bedroom (old folks like it cooler when they sleep ya' know). And then when I open the front door they streak out the door growling and barking like Jack the Ripper is standing on our front porch. Don't know why, there's never anyone there.

They've got me pretty well trained, don't ya' think? :lol:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.