Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, a new toy! Time to go into DESTRUCTOR mode!!

Tootie's toys rarely last more than 10 minutes :huh:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Great pic of tootie :D To answer you question....NO, Toby doesn't do that (but then, I wouldn't be stupid enough to buy him a RABBIT!!!) :D :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sadie & Spencer used to do that when they were younger. I would stuff the toy again & sew it up. I sewed so much, some of their toys looked like Frankenstein. They both outgrew the destruction phase. Sadie eventually outgrew toys altogether, but at age 10 Spencer still loves his toys. He actually plays with them & will hold them in his mouth & squeak them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pic of tootie :D To answer you question....NO, Toby doesn't do that (but then, I wouldn't be stupid enough to buy him a RABBIT!!!) :D :D
[/b]

Are you calling me stupid? :angry:

lol :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm afraid so. We had to ban all stuffed toys. They love them...to pieces. :lol:

Great photos!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yep, that's Button & Elmer, too. Captain has had the same stuffed toys (at the office) since we got him. I gave up buying them for the Bassy Boys, they just destroy them in 10 minutes flat! :blink:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, even though I know that stuffed toys last for such a breif time I still cant resist getting them for her....she really enjoys herself so much :lol:

Someday I'll learn! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
813 Posts
George doesn't do this but Gigi does, and the problem is, she doesn't confine herself to HER toys. She also wants to kill MINE. I collect Eeyores, who have now all had to move into snap-top plastic storage bins to protect them from Princess Destructo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, I have a couple who'll do that. But usually they'll spread it out over a few days - a little stuffing out here, a litte stuffing out there... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our two girls are "Destruction Inc" when it comes to toys. We have not been able to find toys that they cannot destroy and tear to pieces. We even bought them a doggie tire that was supposed to be dog proof......they had it chewed to pieces in about 2 hours. They even eat thier kongs...yes eat, they chew them up and then eat the pieces so we had to stop buying kongs. We had to stop buying them toys because of this. What we have found is that we buy a bag of tube socks and tie a sock into knots, they love it and it lasts for a couple of days.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes mostly my girls but once Copper sees the mess he joins right in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Last week we got a surprise check in the mail and when I got off of work Dave decided he was going to surprise me with a trip to Wal-Mart to get some things that were just for wanting and not needing....well I LOVEEEE tigger things and they had giant tigger and eyeore slippers....I fell in love and had to get them. Well when I got home guess who fell in love too...Yup, the newest destructo member, Bruno. He ate 2 pairs of slippers. So I went back to wal-mart and bought him his own pair of slippers (cat ones of course...lol) and got myself two new pairs. But my slippers have been moved to the back of the couch were destructo dog cant get them....lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last week we got a surprise check in the mail and when I got off of work Dave decided he was going to surprise me with a trip to Wal-Mart to get some things that were just for wanting and not needing....well I LOVEEEE tigger things and they had giant tigger and eyeore slippers....I fell in love and had to get them. Well when I got home guess who fell in love too...Yup, the newest destructo member, Bruno. He ate 2 pairs of slippers. So I went back to wal-mart and bought him his own pair of slippers (cat ones of course...lol) and got myself two new pairs. But my slippers have been moved to the back of the couch were destructo dog cant get them....lol
[/b]

I know how that is!
I will never leave a pair of slippers in Tootie's site again :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts