Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding that I spoil Boomer more than I have any of my other pets and human kids (excluding my late kitty, Dusty; he was spoiled rotten!).

Treats and toys galore and he doesn't have to pick up after himself.

Can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, and lays across dad's lap in the evening with a smug look on his face.

And so on.

Now, the latest. I recently completed an afghan for my husband (for a belated 25th anniversary present), and now he thinks that Boomer needs an afghan too. Only basset colored. I offered to teach him how to knit and/or crochet, which of course, was met with guffaws.

So, I have been spending my time on the internet looking for basset colored yarn. Seriously. The black and white is easy enough, but the brown on him has been difficult, as he looks reddish brown in the sunshine, other shades of brown in different lights. Leaning toward variegated browns.

Gads. I cannot believe I am doing this. :wacko:

·
Registered
973 Posts
My dogs have taken over all of the blankets in my house. I, too, am considering making special blankets just for them that will allow me to take mine back guilt free.

We are considering building a climate controlled dog house for them when we buy a house so we can leave them outside comfortably all year round while we are at work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Boomer's Mum, can't help but laugh at your post!! If I could knit I think I would do the same. I agree that my basset gets treated differently from my westie. I think we tend to treat them as people rather than dogs, because they are soooo humanized.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hmmm...lets see she has 3 beds (one for inside the crate, one for downstairs and 1 for upstairs), I'm always bringing her home treats/toys every grocery trip. And now I want to learn to knit so I can make her a blankie too,lol.

Nope,no, not spoiled at all,lol.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My girls always said I treated the dogs better than I treated them but then I realized the dogs treated me better than the girls.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
After we got Moe in 1999, nine out of every ten photos I ever took were of Moe. It goes without saying that he was the most spoiled and loved pet in our houshold. I don't think I will ever love another as much. He was unique.

·
Registered
73 Posts
secret sleep outs

When Sophie could no longer get up on my bed I made a bed at the end of my bed. Still I missed her sleeping with me - she missed it too esp in winter as bassets bodies make the best hot water bottles. So in the final month (not that I knew it) when my daughter was with her Dad on the week-end I decided to do something about it. I invented the our sleep out. On a fri and Sat night of every week-end out of two. I would move the coffee table out of the way to clear a space then drag (no easy task) the top part of the ensembe double mattress from my room into the loungeroom - pillow sheets blanketsthe lot and Soph and i had our evening just hanging out chilling watching tv - I'm not sure who loved it the most - we both did and they were the best. It was our special secret and everything was always returned to its normal place in time for when I collected my dughter so she would not find out. Otherwise she would not understand why I couldn't or wouldn't do this for her every night and I'd never get her back to sleeping in her own bed. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts