Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
not in our house!!! i've never seen a basset do that before.

snoopy has enough bad habbits without being able to do that...

it is a funny picture though!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Our dearest Chloe will do that also. Disgusting! We now have a cup in the shower filled with fresh water for her. That way, any dribbles she makes, happen in the shower and not the floor. Yuck! But, if the toilet lid isn't down and her cup is empty, watch out! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank goodness, Lucien and Lilly are too short to reach the potty and Lucille's too snobby to try. Max the Siamese is the only potty-drinker I have, so I keep the lid down.

·
Registered
813 Posts
George can't reach, but Gigi can and I keep the lid down, but Hubby doesn't remember to put the lid (or the SEAT) down. They always have a full water bowl but Gigi is such a gallumph she'll take a swig of anything liquid as she goes by. Coffee. Soda. Tea. Toilet ...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Jackie can't reach but I have a hunch that if she could, she would. :rolleyes:

Bassets live by the motto: the grosser the better. :p

·
Registered
360 Posts
Belvedere tried it once ...after seeing his Springer Spaniel friend do it at their home. He was curious as to what was in that thing ...but once he hoisted his fat self up to it, he realized it was just water. And not the fresh, cool kind he's used to. It was as if he thought "nah ...I'll skip this. Something is just not right". And off he strolled.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Boo does it but only if his water is locked inside his cage, or empty for some reason. Otherwise, he seems to prefer his water bowl. I heard they like it because the toilet keeps the water cold so I got a steel water bowl which also seems to keep the water cooler than a ceramic or glass one would.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Turbo tries to do this but isn't quite tall enough, but our cat all the time, she will sit infront of the bathroom door till we open it then she runs and jumps up on the toilet, it is so funny, I try to knock her in all the time just so she gets a bath but she has good balance :p So I guess this is where turbo is learning it from

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
oh yea, i know this one! :lol: Biscuit used to do this in exactly the same way. in fact, even when he was at his sickest, he would dra-a-a-ag himself into the bathroom, determined to get to the toilet water.

someone told me it's because the water in toilets is so nice and cold because of the ceramic. when i heard that, i got a nice big ceramic water bowl, but it didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper also thinks it is an extra water bowl so both bathroom doors have to be closed all the time.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Minnie is far too much of a Lady for such behavior (probably just too short :rolleyes: ), but Dudley sorta goes through phases. Sometimes he drinks from the toilet, and other times he has no interest.
Probably just luck, but he's never drank from the toilet when anyone is visiting, only when it's just the family.
I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out why he does anything. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts