Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do you guys use those stuffable Kong toys? If so, do they last long? Are they well liked? I spent a small fortune at petsmart today. And bought a kong and some of that stuff like looks like cheese in a can. Except I got the liver and peanut butter kind. I need help. I need to know how you guys "stuff" it? I looked at it and made a few tries tonight but I just dont see how this works without being too easy(and the stuff just falling out) and too hard(where she loses interest).

My small fortune was well spent by the way. They were having a sale so I got some bil-jacks liver treats. Half a dozen new toys, a new harness(she didnt like the one we made her wear now), and some ear cleaning stuff. Plus the kong and the two squirt-cheese can things.

P.s. I was on ebay the other day and noticed a few kong toys on there. They were only like a couple bucks. I paid 10 for the one I bought her today. Would you guys buy a kong off ebay? It weirds me out a little. It does say "new" though. It's not used or anything. So maybe it would be alright?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys.
Thanks for all the ideas. I've never really stuffed a kong before and didnt really know how to go about it. But you've given me lots of ideas. I like the soaking the kibble in chicken broth, using wet dog food, the mashed banana, yogurt and the cream cheese!

Molly has a LOT of food toys! I never even knew they made stuff like that. I will have to look more closely next time I'm there.

Bailey's- I will have to look for those natural balance rolls. I would have never thought of that. Also I made her a Kong this evening with peanut butter, bits of beef hotdog, bits of cheddar cheese, bits of her liver treats, some kibble, and mashed potatoes. She ate that instead of dinner. But I dont think she finished it all. lol.

So you stuff the kong full? How do they get to the bottom of it? Or is it just a matter of having the right size kong? I bought the puppy size large.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.