Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.I have a question conserning something very weird bassets sometimes do.It's like they're being drunk.They move their hind quarters very funny like they don't have any sence of coordination.What ist this thing?I've heard that it isn't a desease but what is it??? :confused:

I

·
0 Posts
Ha, we went through a this when sol was a puppy and were very worried. He has since grown out of it, although face plants regularly. I know this is an old post, but hopefully it migth allay the fears of people concerned about their bassets drunk back half.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing about Jesse. Sometimes when he walks his back legs get all wobbly and sometimes he falls down. He goes to the vet tomorrow and I was planning on asking about this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS a lot!That thing with the back legs isn't explained in any book about the breed that I have read.It isn't mentioned in any site either....(well about the site I might be wrong)
Anyway..Droopy hasn't done this for months but sometimes his back legs start moving in a weird independent way :)

A

·
0 Posts
Eli, Francis sometimes does something like this when his anal sacs need pressing. See if that isn't it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The vet didn't really offer much. She wasn't sure what it could be. She said that he was healthy and she didn't think it was neurological. Of course he didn't do it at the vets.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I'm absolutely sure that it ain't from the anal glands(the only time he had them pressed was when we got him about 2 years ago.It was a mess!!There was so much that the vet held it with both his hands.He was also sick)Droopy's last owners didn't treat him very good.Since then his anal glands are ok.
Thank you all for the info.I guess Droopy's not the only hound that does that.Mom told me that she read something about this problem and there was written that it is common for bassets to do that but there's no explanation for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Jesse's Momma:
 Of course he didn't do it at the vets.
Of course not! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts