Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is so sweet!! I loved her instantly. Belvedere loved her a little too much instantly, if you know what I mean. That will have to work itself out. She gives him a word or two when he starts his thing. He is neutered but I guess a new dog in the house causes this. That and the fact that she's a girl. I am just glad she's not freaked out. She just growls at him ...scolds him. He backs off.

She's actually a little older than was stated on the rescue website. They said 6 and she's at least 8. A few things are different ...but I'm cool with it all. She's quite a barker but I think I can calm her down after a while. She "talks" more than I'm used to.

There has been quite a bit of separation anxiety since her foster Mom left but we are doing ok now. She's asleep at my feet. She's going to be my little shadow for a while!

Belvedere gave up and went to bed a while ago. He's very regimented. I'm not sure of her preferences as far as sleep goes. I got a lot of info but nothing about this sort of thing.

I am very happy with my new baby. I'm sure this will work out wonderfully. I have three full days and nights off so by Monday we should be into a good groove.

I'll post photos as soon as I figure it out again. It's been a while!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Oh that is exciting! Congratulations. Keep us posted on all the new antics!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you. We hope everything works out. Sounds like Dixie is home! yvonne

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Dixie! So glad things are working out!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Luck! Can't wait to see a pic of her. I think she's handling Belvedere's "lovin" pretty well considering all her new adjustments she's having to deal with.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Glad things are going so well. When we first picked up Oliver he was a talker and I wasn't too sure about the arrangement but after we got him home and settled in he quieted down.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
When I first brought Bo home, Duke tried to hump him every chance he got! He's been fixed for years, but that didn't stop him.
Bo didn't even seem to notice. I think they just get excited, but the novelty has warn off now, rarely happens..

Sandy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts