Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've made it through the rough part. I actually think it was harder on me. I was a basket case this morning. Dixie had surgery to remove a cancerous cyst. (It will be sent to a lab for testing) I dropped her off at 8:30 and went to breakfast at a restaurant around the corner. I couldn't even eat. A friend sat wth me for just over an hour and then I went back to the office to check on things. They kept her for another hour and then I brought her home, groggy and irritable.

She's resting and Belly is moping and acting out because of the attention Dixie is getting. It's a three ring circus!! He's bringing one toy at a time, to try to coax her to play. When she doesn't ...he drops down and "pouts".

The incision is much larger than I anticipated. Poor baby. They also cleaned her teeth, which were in dire need. They were bad when she came to us in February. Now they are pearly white.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We're all slinging drool for Dixie! Heopfully she'll get a good night's sleep and be able to play with Belvedere for a while tomorrow.

They do know when something is wrong!

Give her some special treats and lovin' when she is feeling a little better.

Chris

·
Registered
775 Posts
Glad to hear she is doing well. Healing drool from Copper,Patty and Dolly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts