Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog keeps digging up my lawn I take him for walks everyday except when it rains of course then we play in doors, i have scolded him, i have spanked him, talked nicely, begged him, what more can i do???? He has alot of toys including a kong he doesn't like so much, to keep him busy while i am busy doing house chores etc. Do I have a REBELIOUS CHILD? <_< :blink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was having a similar problem, except Bogie was digging on carpet inside, not grass outside. My mom had seen a segment on the today show a while ago with a dog trainer who's advice was to scold the act, not the dog. She suggested to someone on air to say "Bad Digging" when he's digging. I started that with Bogie immediately, and the instant I say it, he stops. He also has been doing it less frequently ever since, so maybe its worth a try.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ruby has to be supervised at all times when she's outside because lately she just grazes on grass like the cow she's known to imitate.

When I'm cleaning house, Ruby just moves from area to area or room to room to get out of the way of the vaccuum.

Janice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.