Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 257 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I have never posted before, but I wanted to reiterate bassetmom26003's post regarding milk thistle. After extremely high ALT levels, our vet put our 13yr old basset on Vetri-Liver Support Soft Chews, which contains milk thistle. Within two weeks his numbers were down significantly and continued to decrease and stabilize over the next ten months until we lost him to congestive heart failure. I know when it comes to health issues that all situations and circumstances vary for each animal, but I wanted to say that this is a product that worked wonders for our Pooh. I will be thinking about you and Flash. Here is a link to the specific product in case you want to research.

Vetri-Liver Support Soft Chews for Dog's Liver Function

· Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried pill pockets for dogs, made by Greenies? They are nice and soft so that they can be molded around the pills and I would think with her growth, they would go down easily. They were a life saver during our last year with Pooh who was on meds for everything from arthritis, liver issues and heart disease. We also ran out of options of things to try to trick him, and as soon as we began using these, we never had any other problems.

I'm so glad Flash is feeling well and improving. I have been checking on her every day.

1 - 2 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.