Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Bassets are normally lazy and grumpy, but mine rarely moves since he has been neutered. He will play fetch with his tuttle for maybe ten minutes , then he needs a nap. He is only three years old and I am worried..do I have a depressed basset or is he he just being basset?

J

·
0 Posts
Molly gets VERY lazy in the summer when it gets hot outside. I always notice a drop in her energy and an increase in her naps! Perhaps call the vet to make sure everything is ok. That always makes me feel better!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vet

thanks for the support- He was at the vet getting his nails done last week and they say he's a healthy hound.... they laughed and said well.. he's a basset what do you expect....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well....I wouldn't say bassets are lazy.
They just know when is the appropriate time to use their energy and they use it wisely. :D

Henrietta and Winston play like crazy for 10 minutes twice a day (after meals). Then they flop and fall asleep. Basset doesn't do well in a hot summer day at all - anything above 70 degree is no good.
In summer, we take them for a walk really early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun goes down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

well Eeyore rarely goes outside unless he has to do his business or there is a squirrel lurkng about. He prefers the cool house on his bed or the futon... I wonder if getting a new hound would brighten his spirits??? We have been discussing a new fur baby!

J

·
0 Posts
Regarding adding another dog: We have Molly and our black lab, who is 5. Molly truly keeps our lab young and full of energy. THey love each other company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts