Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has made dehydrated dog treats? I made a batch of my "Hot & Spicy" Beef Jerky for some friends I met up with last weekend. I have been thinking about trying to make Dehydated Chicken Strips or Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes for Rusty & Stickers. Rusty has many food allergies and this would be a great option for him. I've found some recipes online but am wondering if anyone has actually tried any recipes out there??

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Ahhh! I'm soo glad you asked this question as I have been wondering myself. As it is, I give Annie roasted sweet potatoes but was also thinking that a food dehydrator would come in handy to make her some crunchy snacks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Vet that I went to when I lived in WI actually used dehydrated hotdogs as treats for the animals coming in for check-ups. They are really easy to make by slicing the hotdogs about 1/4 inch thick and dogs LOVE them!

Dana

·
Registered
297 Posts
Actually my breeder Jane make treats using a dehydrator. Sweet potato treats and bananas I know for sure. Then I know she also makes some sort of baked sweet crisps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts