Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try one of the DAP collars to see if they help Spencer's anxiety. I just received it in the mail today & put it on him. If anyone is interested, I'll post later how (& if) it works for him. I don't expect a miracle, but I am hoping for a little improvement in him. Since Sadie has been gone, he isn't the happy boy he once was. He just seems so worried & insecure all the time. The real test will be next week. I am going on vacation & my Mom is watching Spencer. She lives next door, so his routines will stay the same. She said she would let him sleep at her house if he seems more comfortable there, so I hope he does well while I am gone. Chances are, he won't want to come home when I return (there aren't many rules at "Grandma's house!)

T

·
0 Posts
Amy, I'd be very interested in hearing if the DAP collar does anything for Spencer's anxiety. Please do keep us posed.

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
535 Posts
I too have been wondering if the collar works. Sadie does not do well riding in the car. She gets real nervous and starts to drool excessively as soon as she gets in the car and then she usually throws up before we get to where were going. I really would like to take her more often with me, but if she is going to get that worked up and get sick it's no fun for her or me. The collar said it's supposed to help dogs that get nervous about traveling. If you find it works for you I might give a try for Sadie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts